Friday, May 11, 2012

rubbery rainbow shoelaces

Good morning, everybody.

Dream #1

I was at "my family's house," which was a small apartment. I was in the living room with my mom and my sister and two or three of my sister's kids. The kids were all really young, possibly still in diapers. The living room was bright with natural light. It had pale carpet and bare walls. I was sitting either on the couch or on the floor.

There was a knock on the door. My sister went for it. She opened the door. An older Asian man with a bald crown and grey hair on the sides handed my sister some papers, probably in an envelope. The man made some calm but accusing comment to my sister. The man then walked to some other apartment.

My sister walked away, leaving the door open. I was annoyed at that. The Asian man was someone my sister had complained about before. He always snooped around and tried to find out things my sister was doing. I don't know whether he owned the apartment building. But he seemed like he was in some position to get my sister kicked out of the apartment.

I stood up and walked to the door. I closed it slowly and softly but firmly while giving my sister and mother a wide-eyed, stern look. I walked back to the couch, saying, "That guy's always looking for an excuse to get you. Why are you gonna leave the door wide open?"

I sat back in the couch. I may have spoken a bit more. But now either my mom or my sister told me to stop criticizing my sister. My sister may even have stood up and opened the door again. Or my mom or sister may have had me open the door again.

I decided that was enough. I told my mom and sister that was fine. I sat down on the floor and got my shoes on. I was leaving.

My shoes were laced with rubbery, rainbow shoelaces. They were thick, almost like thick egg noodles. They were also kind of slimy, like they were covered in something halfway between simple syrup and maple syrup. The colors of the laces were bright -- yellows, greens, purples, and oranges -- all fading or blurring into each other.

I may have been speaking to my mom and sister as if I weren't upset about anything. My mom and sister may also have been speaking to me very calmly.

No comments:

Post a Comment