Thursday, April 26, 2018

bad cosmic aim; wrong salute

Dream 1

I somehow blasted up away from the earth and into outer space. I was probably blasting through space at a high speed. I probably ended up flying into some really colorful area, like a nebula of rainbows.

But then something happened. I may have decided to turn around. Or I may have lost my momentum -- as if somehow gravity was still working and I'd kind of hit the top of my arc and was now coming back down.

I was now rocketing back toward the earth. The earth was surrounded by rainbow clouds like the nebulae I'd just rocketed into. As I got closer to the earth, the clouds dissipated a bit, but never totally. The earth itself looked like a globe full of cities. The closer I got, the more the earth just looked like a network of lit up cities at night.

I was speeding toward the earth. I felt like I was being pretty strongly pulled. But I also knew that I had to steer myself correctly if I wanted to get home. I steered sharply as I approached the earth. I could probably see Colorado, as if it were on a map.

I finally landed. I lay face down on the floor of a gigantic room. The floor was the map of a section of the United States. I pushed myself up. I saw that I had landed in Colorado, though I had landed a bit southwest of my hometown of Denver.

I pushed myself up on my arms and looked off to my right. I told the person standing way out there -- maybe my mom? -- that I had gotten close but hadn't hit the target.

Dream 2

I was in some sort of room. It felt sort of crowded, like I was standing in between two rows of folding tables with tons of stuff on them -- maybe like at a comic book convention, except that all of the stuff felt like it was packed up. Off behind me was a doorway, maybe to something like a fake pyramid, like in a museum exhibit.

A young guy was facing me. We had probably just finished up a conversation. I was hoping to get the guy's approval. I was a little afraid that I would look stupid or ill-informed in front of him. He was white, clean, well-groomed, like a young professional just out of college.

To say goodbye to the guy I backed away from him a few steps, crossed my arms over my chest, said, "Wakanda forever," and lay down on the ground.

The guy walked past me. He somehow tapped or hit my arms, maybe with his feet, but probably with his hands. He pushed my arms, still crossed in an x, off my chest and over to my right side. He said that I'd mistakenly made a gesture toward him that was in support of black people. Crossing my arms off to the right, however, was a gesture in support of white people. And that was what the man had wanted to see.

The man walked into the doorway. I now understood that the man was a white supremacist. I was afraid that he'd want to kill me, now that I'd made a gesture in support of black people. I thought I could make the gesture in support of white people the next time I saw him. Maybe that would make him less angry toward me. But I knew I couldn't do that, either. I was at a loss. I felt like I couldn't do anything at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment