Friday, June 22, 2018

not-so-sharp-dressed man

Dream 1

I was probably in front of a mirror in some room that looked like a changing room with a bed in it. Some of the sheets may have lain sloppily off the bed, even spilling down onto the floor. The bed may also have been set up on a platform, like a display platform for a department store.

I was changing into some new clothes. I was putting on baby blue slacks and a baby blue button-up shirt. The breast pocket and the collar, and maybe other parts, of the shirt were lined with some rainbow-striped fabric.

At first I thought I looked good: very stylish and unique. But then I started to wonder about the shirt. It seemed kind of big, and I wasn't sure whether I should tuck it in or leave it untucked. I thought that it must be the style of shirt that you leave untucked. But I also thought that it looked sloppy untucked. But I thought that if I tucked it in to look less sloppy, it would look all huge and fat, which would be just as bad.

But I hadn't put on my slacks all the way yet. I thought that I'd want to at least wait and see how I looked with my slacks all the way pulled up and buttoned before I decided whether I needed to tuck in my shirt.

But when I looked at myself in the mirror with my baby blue slacks and shirt I thought I looked sort of awful. The blue was so bright and garish that I looked sort of hilarious. I may have noticed that the material of the slacks and shirt was like some kind of thin velvet.

I may have thought that I needed to change out of this outfit. But I may have wondered if I had anything else to change into. I had changed so I would look nice. And this was the outfit I had chosen. Were there any other outfits? Should I just go with this one? Was I just wasting my time worrying about outfits at this point? Had I wasted my time altogether by getting into this outfit?

No comments:

Post a Comment