Sunday, May 6, 2018

explaining my eviction; k-pop versus retail

Dream 1

I was somewhere, possibly a bedroom at night. The bedroom light was kind of bright. On the bed may have been a long board, like if a long folding table had its legs folded up and was just laid out flat on the bed.

I may have been using the tabletop to look through some documents or fill out some forms. The documents were probably eviction documents. I knew I had been evicted from my place because of something I'd done or possibly because of something I believed in.

I may have been explaining to someone, possibly my mom, how I'd gotten evicted. As I explained, it struck me more deeply how serious this situation was.

Dream 2

I was somewhere, maybe in a bedroom or in a booth area at a night club. The room was lit all in pink, like pink neon lights were the only thing illuminating the room.

I was probably sitting with someone, possibly a blonde woman. The woman may have been in her thirties or forties. She may have seemed a little worn out. She may have been kind of pale, but with really dark eye shadow. The woman may also, or simultaneously, have been a K-pop star.

I was involved in a frustrating conversation with the woman. Apparently there was some sort of retail space that was getting re-branded. The branding was at least inspired by K-pop. The retail space may also have been selling clothes with K-pop stars on them or some other products, maybe even K-pop CDs, etc.

However, the woman was saying she didn't want any K-pop specific branding on the stores at all. She didn't want the name of the store to reference K-pop. And she didn't want any of the signs in the store windows to reference K-pop. No K-pop stars could be mentioned in any of the branding. The woman wanted everything to look and sound as American as possible.

As we had this conversation, my viewpoint was probably really weird. It was probably like I was floating over the woman, maybe even drifting upward toward the ceiling without being able to control myself.


I was pretty upset. I may have walked away from the conversation altogether, or the conversation may have ended naturally, but in a way that left me really frustrated. I felt like the woman was going to do what she wanted and not really respect K-pop at all.

I may have figured that I needed to take matters into my own hands. But I was sort of afraid that if I did, I would be thwarted anyway by the woman, who was in an actual position of power, whereas I was just someone who cared about the situation.

I went to some place like an apartment complex. It was probably where a K-pop star lived. I may actually have been in the K-pop star's apartment, explaining to her, probably in a completely disjointed way, how my conversation had gone and what the woman was planning.

But then it was like I was just on the balcony, outside the K-pop star's apartment door, waiting to come in. The K-pop star may have been out front, maybe smoking a cigarette or having drink or just talking with her friends. It was sort of like I wasn't there until a certain moment. At that moment I may have needed to ask the K-pop star if I could come in and talk with her.

But now it was like I was heading to the K-pop star's apartment. The K-pop star probably lived on the second floor of the apartment complex. It was like I was coming down from one or two floors up to visit the K-pop star. I may have been walking down (or up???) a stairway that somehow faced the balcony in front of the K-pop star's house. But it was also like I was floating down or up to and then straight toward the K-pop star's front door.

I had a weird, eerie feeling. It was like I was in a losing race against the woman who was re-branding the retail spaces. I felt like she was also approaching the K-pop star's apartment. I had a bad feeling that even if I got to tell the K-pop star what was going on, the retail woman would still win. Maybe she would confront me while I was talking with the K-pop star and browbeat me into submission. Or maybe she would wait until after I'd spoken with the K-pop star and tell her that everything I'd told her was a lie.

No comments:

Post a Comment