Tuesday, May 15, 2018

naked women's muscular legislation

For my analysis of images from today's dream, visit this post in my blog preemie: my life's (a) dream.

Dream 1

I was out on some street corner in a residential part of some urban city, maybe like Brooklyn. It may have been late afternoon or early morning. The light was cool and blue with shadow, but with tinges of sunlight in places.

Two young women were walking up the sidewalk, talking about some legislation that had just been passed. A man had passed the legislation. I may have seen the man in my head: an older, black man, balding on the top of his head but with kind of thick hair on the side and back. The legislation said that men were no longer able to touch women, or possibly even to look at them, without the women saying it was okay first.

The young women were really happy about this legislation. They were happy they'd gotten the man in their pocket enough to make the legislation. But they were also happy about what the bill allowed them to do. They spoke to each other about ways they'd now be able to go around town making men attracted to them, then making the men feel bad or, now, even criminal for being attracted to them.

The young women turned the corner to my left. They held hands and skip-walked down the street, toward an apartment building a few doors down, past some new, clean-looking row houses. At first my view of the women was obscured by cars that seemed to be filling up the entire street. But then I could see them a little better.

Now the young women were naked, jump-skipping toward the apartment door. Before, both girls had been tall, kind of skinny, and white. But now one girl was dark brown. Both girls were kind of big-bodied. But both were very muscular. Their bodies also may have tapered down, so they had sort of small bottoms.



I considered everything the girls had said. It sounded to me like they had just fought to make this new law so that they could attract men and then criminalize men for being attracted to them. I kind of thought they were gross, scuzzy, and slimy for doing that. At the same time, they were so muscular, I felt like I had to like them. I just felt like you couldn't genuinely dislike people who were as muscular as they were.

No comments:

Post a Comment